Merrimack Youth Association Lacrosse Board Meeting
2nd Wednesday of Every Month
NEXT MEETING: October 11th at 7pm | MYA Building
Meetings are typically on the 2nd Wednesday of every month from September thru June at 7:00 PM in the MYA building (unless otherwise noted). Agendas will be made available prior to the meeting to board members, and in person for others who attend. The agendas and meeting minutes can be found on the DOCUMENTS page.
Merrimack Youth Lacrosse
2021 COVID-19 Family & Player Responsibilities
I agree NOT to send my child to ANY lacrosse practices and/or games if any of the following occurs - my child has:
- had contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19 in the last fourteen (10) days (or any other communicable disease such as MRSA or Influenza).
- experienced a cough, shortness of breath and/or sore throat in the last seven (7) days.
- had a FEVER in the past 48 hours.
- had a CHANGE in a sense of taste or smell in the last 48 hours.
- experienced any feelings of ill health in the last 48 hours.
Important Note: If one of our coaches or assistant coaches has a good faith belief that your child is exhibiting symptoms of a cold, illness, or is exhibiting health issues that raise concern, that coach or assistant coach will have the right to ask your athlete not to participate in the practice and/or game.
I understand and agree we will follow these protocols during practices and/or games:
- Coaches and athletes will wear masks and/or face coverings while on the sidelines. In some instances, athletes may be required to wear masks and/or face coverings DURING competition.
- Merrimack will NOT permit the use of benches at home games; as well as away games (even if benches are available).
- Personal bags/belongings will be placed appropriately on the sideline with 6 FEET of spacing.
- Coaches and athletes will maintain safe social distancing whenever possible, and especially when there is a stoppage of play during practice and/or game play.
- Coaches and athletes will wear masks upon entering sideline area(s) when coming off the field. Masks may be removed when subbing into the game.
- Families, Parents/Guardians and Spectators agree to comply with recommended CDC social distancing (at least 6 FEET) and agree to wear masks and/or face coverings when on the sideline during practices and games.
- There will be no sharing of equipment during practices and/or games (except for game/practice balls). All shared equipment shall be properly cleaned and disinfected after use.
- Families and athletes will immediately exit the field and/or facility of use.
- Families and athletes will not congregate following practices and/or games.
- Families and athletes will clean/disinfect all uniforms, apparel, and equipment immediately after practices and/or games (this includes all lacrosse equipment to the best extent possible).
- Hand washing and hand sanitizing is encouraged by all athletes and coaches before and after each team meeting/activity.
I understand my athlete will only use his or her personal equipment:
- Athletes will bring their own bottles and water.
- Personal water bottles shall not be shared with other athletes.
- There shall be no sharing of food or other type products among and between athletes.
The child/athlete named below has permission to participate in the 2021 Merrimack Youth Lacrosse season. I understand what the aforementioned activity involves. I believe my child is in proper physical condition to participate. I assume all risks and responsibilities arising from participation, and do for myself, my heirs, and personal representatives hereby hold harmless, indemnify, release and forever discharge Merrimack Youth Lacrosse, and their officers, agents, and employees from and against any and all physical injury, or death which may occur during the period of participation. In the event of an emergency requiring medical attention beyond first aid, I give permission to a physician or hospital personnel designated by the supervising personnel to provide medical attention to the aforementioned person, including (if necessary) hospitalization. Any expense arising from injury or illness is the responsibility of parental insurance coverage. I have read and fully understand this release statement.